BCTF members who identify as women are invited to apply to participate in a Women’s Wellness Event on the evening of Thursday, June 10, and all day, Friday, June 11, 2021. This event will include:
- a President’s welcome, comedian’s presentation, and ice breaker on Thursday, June 10
- a panel discussion, workshop sessions, wellness activities, slam poetry, and musical presentations on June 11
- Leaves of Absence will be provided for the Friday sessions and childcare costs will be reimbursed on June 10, according to BCTF policy.
The Thursday evening event is open to all BCTF members who identify as women who are interested in attending, with a maximum of 500 total participants.
The goals of the Women’s Wellness Event are to:
- provide an opportunity for members who identify as women to connect
- provide time together in formal and informal activities that recognize the immense challenges of this year and are focused on connection and well-being
- Up to 70 members who identify as women. Selection will be by random draw after consideration is given to regional representation.
- At least 20 women members who identify as members of an additional equity-seeking group.
- WIN facilitators.
- Members of the Committee for Action on Social Justice Status of Women Action Group.
- Members of the BCTF Executive Committee who identify as women.
This event is distinct from the annual BCTF Women’s Institute. BCTF members who have attended a Women’s Institute are welcome to apply for the BCTF Wellness Event.
Deadline: Monday, May 24, 2021 at 4:30pm
To apply please complete the BCTF Women’s Wellness Event application form and fax to 604-871-2286 or email to email@example.com.
Direct enquires to: Barb Ryeburn firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-871-1821
Because the BCTF has an affirmative action policy, applicants may wish to provide, on a voluntary basis, information as to whether they self-identify as a member of one or more equity-seeking groups. This includes women; racialized persons; Aboriginal persons; persons who are trans, gender diverse, or Two Spirit; persons with a disability; and persons who are lesbian, gay, or bisexual.